Introducing Multi Purpose Carpets
Carpets are commonly used for decorating one’s living room. It gives an Oomph factor to the living area where it is spread all over. Considered as one of the important elements of an interior décor, carpets are used for both flooring and wall hangings. Carpets are available in various sizes, textures, colors, designs and many more add-ons to make your place look beautiful and elegant. These multipurpose carpets can be used indoors as well as outdoors.
Best of Interior Furnishing
Carpets are very popular in terms of making up your living rooms. It fabricates lively and colorful ambiance which truly indicates best example for Interior designing. Though it can be used as a wall-to-wall display, most of the household’s use them as area carpets spread across the floorings. Understanding your taste for living room, you can select from the wide range of best carpets available in the market. You can actually match the color according to your rest of the furniture placed in the living room.
Considering the texture, carpets come with wide range of cloth materials and styles. Softer and furry make better choice. These are called as Plush Carpets. Then you have Cut-pile carpets that are commonly used in every household. Known for its durability feature, Berber carpets are made out of looped fibers that can resists dust elements.
Carpets for Outdoor settings
Even Outdoor Carpets come in array of designs and durability. Basically these carpets are made up of plastic materials which have water proofed feature in it. One can use these carpets for any outdoor events – spreading across the garden area, or for making a walkway, or to cover up balcony area so that guest can feel privileged. People walking across red carpets always considered themselves as privileged. Green, Red makes the best colors for outdoor carpets.
Dariusz Krak works for carpet cleaning company in Cardiff www.dmcarpetclean.co.uk
Carpets play a major role in the interior decoration. It gives the personal feel and touch of the person who lives in the living space. And the same time it is important to keep the carpets cleaned regularly in order to maintain high level of health and safety of the inhabitants.
Carpets can easily retain dirt, grime dust and germs before it looks dirty. So it is very important to clean them before they get dirty.
1) Vacuum the carpets at least every week. If you are living in a tropical climate or a town house exposed to city traffic it may require much more frequent cleaning than that. If you overlook the carpet cleaning it will collect the dirt and grime and it would lead to the shorten the life span of the carpet. When the grime and dirt is build up in the carpet it can easily damage the carpet fibers by fraying them. Even if you clean the carpet once a week make sure that you clean around the baseboards and hard to reach areas once in two weeks to prolong the use of the carpet.
2) Clean the carpets when you can spend plenty of time and attention to it. Never clean your carpets when you are in a hurry. Such an obligatory quick carpet cleaning would not be enough to remove the dirt that are deeply embedded. Make sure to run the vacuum cleaner several times over the same surface area in different directions. Cleaning in such a criss cross pattern will make sure all the grime is removed.
3) If the carpet is smelly or gives a damp smell, sprinkle some baking soda or a deoderisng product about 15 – 20 minutes before the vacuuming. It will help to eliminate the bad odour. In fact you do not have to wait until the carpet get smelly and fills the room with a bad odour. You can do this once a month even if there is no particular odour in order to maintain the carpet.
4) If you spill any liquid that may stain the carpet clean them as soon as you can. Do not let the liquid sink deep into the carpet and create a steady stain. If possible try to attend immediately. Maybe if you are entertaining friends or family it will be a little bit rude to clean the carpet immediately but attend to it as soon as you can. When you use a cleaning liquid make sure it will not fade or damage your carpet. First try it on a small spot and see how the carpet reacts to the cleaning product. It is a good idea to do the spot test on some area of the carpet that maybe covered by a piece of furniture such as the coffee table. So even if the cleaning product fades the carpet it will not be noticeable.
5) If you own a new carpet and plan to apply soil retardants, first of all carefully read the instructions of the manufacturer. Use the products that are recommended for your carpets. These soil retardants are treating the carpet with a chemical layer that helps the fibers of the carpet to resist stains and discolouration. Such treatments definitely lengthen the life span of the carpet. But you have to make sure it will not damage the fibers of the carpet.
About the author: Jane Taylor is an interior designer who is experienced in providing interior designing tips and advices. These days she is writing articles on TV picture frame designs.