I think it is fair to say that I come across many instances of stains that have been treated by my customers before I had a chance to get there and their initial actions have made it rather worse then it could have been. That is why I always ask my customers to not do anything before my arrival to the stains as they can very simply make things far worse. It is most common when stains are on would carpets and especially those very new carpets that people just feel much attached to and want to make sure they do their utmost to make the carpet like new again.
Do not rub them.
This related to instances of those wool carpets, do not rub them with any brush or cloth as it will soften the fabric and can eventually create fluff on the carpet and simply change the texture of carpet that you’re dealing with. I do use brush, but they are specially designed brushed that are not harsh to the carpet and I soften the carpet before I start work with it.
If it is a wool carpet, do not put any baking soda or salt on it.
This happen often actually when people have some sort of spillage and they thing that baking soda or salt will help with moisture extraction, which may be the case but it will as well possibly damage the carpet in the process as wool carpets are rather sensitive to agents like that.
Don’t iron your carpet.
I have seen that often in case of attempts to deal with wax on the carpet or some sort of stains like that. Just don’t do it as it is rather easy to forget how hot the iron can get and melt your carpet.
Don’t cover carpets
This happen sometimes and it may be very problematic in a long term, after the spillage people would place a towel on them or some soft of cloth. where it would work on hard floor it does not work on carpets as it completely stops carpet from breathing and in course drying.
Pain is never an easy element to fight and one has to most of all not let it dry, as it will make any further steps very difficult to execute. Dry pain of whatever nature is next to impossible to remove with home remedies, that is why you need to use wet towels to prevent it from drying if you’re off to the shop to get some sort of wipes or paint softeners. However one has to be careful with any pain softeners to be used on carpets as they may prove to be damaging on the carpet and by leaving a lighter spot on it then it was there originally. So do a test patch first of all on an area that is not greatly visible, and second of all do not rub the spot with a hard brush of any kind as this may and most likely will damage the carpet pile and leave a horribly looking patch on your carpet that does not match rest of it at all.
If you are however dealing with an emulsion pain, then you have an easier task on your hand. But the first action is as usual, meaning not let it dry. Then simply use wet cloth and hoover to extract any paint and be patient.
In many instances using white spirit may be very effective in removing pain from the carpet, however one really has to be careful if there is no discoloration from using it. Because some of the carpets can respond really badly to this sort of agitation, and make sure you don’t rub in to the carpet as sometimes with wool carpet you may get a change in texture or just fluffing of the carpet.
There are many factors that must fall in place to build a dream home and they include the finances and other resources, the need, and above all the ideas that make the home what it is. you can always find useful tips on home improvement on the internet but not all is likely to suit you as it is a known fact that all homes are not alike and the needs of people living in the house is not similar. So with such differences you need to find your own ideas but these tips here are likely to lead you one and activate your thoughts. So here is a list of useful tips on home improvement:
ü Tips on improvements on flooring:
- When anyone, including you, enters the home it is the flooring that you come in contact with and hence great care must be given to the flooring. Firstly you need to decide the kind of flooring that will suit your home and the décor if it is already in place as in the color of the walls etc.
- Secondly the budget and what is affordable for you. Once these decisions are in place you can go ahead and plan the flooring along with the agent or the consultant who would be in a better position to explain the pros and cons with regard to all types of flooring.
- Depending on your budget and the area of the house the type of flooring can be selected. There are different types and you can choose from Hardwood flooring, vinyl flooring, laminated flooring etc.
Tips on improvements on Living Room:
- The living room is the right place to show off your ideas and talents in home décor. So quite naturally you would want to re-do it the best way with the right type of furnishings and decorative items.
- The living room is also the space where guests first enter into the home so it should be well kept and maintained in the most welcoming manner. Ensure that you have enough lighting installed.
- The carpets and rugs must be neat and tidy so if it needs to be changed do it.
- The walls, the curtains and the upholstery all match and suit each other in terms of color and design.
ü Tips on improvements on Outdoor Garden and Patio:
- Having a beautiful garden is one of the best ways to ensure that your house looks impressive. Moreover a garden takes care of the surrounding environment and a beautiful landscape adds to the beauty of the home.
- Plant as many flowery trees and plants as possible but if it is difficult to do it at one go get it done in stages. But one care that should be taken is to not clutter the garden with too many pots of flowers and plants.
- Also make sure that you have a water theme like a pool or a fountain in the garden. This helps to keep the atmosphere in the garden cool.
- Keep sufficient number of garden furniture around so that you have it at hand whenever needed.
- If the budget and the space allows get a patio built as it is very functional especially if its an extension to the home.
By following some of these useful tips on home improvement it is possible to get your house transformed into a home that your family would love to live in.