It is not very pleasant to have mould spreading in your room after winter, sometimes this may not be strongly related to moisture problem in the house. It can be caused my moisture going over the external walls for prolong time and this what caused mould and was making those walls cold for this very time.
Once this development will grow in your bedroom you can be sure that it will not go away simply because you don’t like it, you have to apply some methods of mass destruction on this living being that otherwise will only grow and cause problems for you respiratory system that may be unpleasant in consequences.
painting brush, dettol, paint of appropriate color, brush (to get the paint off the wall)
- Ensure to get all the pain of the effected area, scrub it with brush or what ever you think is appropriate.
- Once you have this scrubbed, use dettol with some warm water to get the thing killed, you can and should repeat process few time in intervals of few hours.
- after dettol application, one should wait enough time for the wall to get totally dry before painting and once it is completely dry dry you can start having fun with painting brush and other.
Best of luck with this fun task, I personally hate doing painting jobs. Once you’ll finish it could be good idea to get some dehumidifiers in this place, just in case. You can find plenty of those at Amazon.co.uk and there are some that are passive as well, so you don’t have to plug them in.
Carpet mould is a nasty thing to have in your home, that is why one should be avoided by any cots. I’ll start from giving few reasons how mould can formulate in your carpet and what mound can cause to you and your family.
What conditions are needed for mould to grow in your carpet:
- mould spores
- Darkness (mould will not grow in ultraviolet light)
- Warmth ( mould will not grow in low temperature
- Moisture (mould love to have some water from leak or other source)
- Enough time ( mould can grow with in two days if the conditions are right for it)
- Leaks in the roof can cause increase humidity and problems for your home and walls.
- Condensation is other source of water, this will take place on cold surfaces in the house.
- Poor ventilation is obvious cause for mould development.
What mould can cause to you:
- Respiratory problems can be caused by presence of mould on your carpet (Peat, 2007).
- Cough and wheeze in healthy people can be cause by mould.
- Shortness of breath
As you can see mould in your home is rather serious thing to have, and you should be looking in to improving the conditions and removing the mould fastest you can. One could go and hire professional carpet cleaner, or do it yourself with help of some information on the matter. Whatever you chose it is important to get rid of it as fastest as you can.
Preventing mould from building up, well this is one thing that you can figure out by now. Simply improve the conditions in your house to prevent mould development and you should be fine. However if you are looking for method to remove existing mould you should be using chemicals with strong enzymes to get rid of it. Other than that you could use vinegar with water, or baking soda recipes that are of good effectiveness.
Peat, J. K., 2007. Effects of damp and mould in the home on respiratory health: a review of the literature. Allergy, 53(2), pp. 120-128.
When it comes to mold cleaning there are many things to take in to the consideration, one of them is that mold have a reason to be in certain place, and by simply cleaning it we are not going to get rid of the cause.
Causes of mold existence are numerous, one of them is high humidity and low premature. Once those are improved then mold return will be greatly diminished
Using baking soda for mold treatment can prove to be very effective simply mix baking soda with water to achieve past like consistency and then robing it in to the carpet with mold will disintegrate some of the particles and after this one can easily remove baking soda simply by hoovering the carpet.
After this using white vinegar with water will fight mold particles left in the area, however for this is good to have some water extraction machine that will the job for us.
If this does not help visit our website for more information and no obligation price estimate. DMcarpet clean
When it comes to other areas of your home with mold, I would recommend using dettol. It is very strong and works miracle on the tiles and bathroom appliance that can be attacked by mold. However I would recommend checking what is wrong with the ventilation system in the bathroom to cause the mold on the very fist place.